Mar 12, 2019
"Can You Keep A Secret" - Jeff is scoring the upcoming romantic comedy feature, based on the New York Times bestselling novel by Sophie Kinsella. It stars Alexandra Daddario (Baywatch, San Andreas) and Tyler Hoechlin (Everybody Wants Some, The Domestics) and is directed by Elise Duran.
"Heart Of Life" - Jeff is scoring the ABC/Fox one hour drama pilot, based on the John Mayer song of the same name. The show follows two sets of adult siblings from wildly different worlds who discover they’re related and must reassess everything they thought they knew about their shared father. As they explore the mystery of their separate childhoods, they’ll experience the difficulty in overcoming the sins of the past, and learn the joys of reuniting with long-lost family. It's written by Ben Queen and executive produced by John Mayer, Melvin Marr, Jake Kasdan, and Paul Weitz. The pilot will be dircted by Ann Fletcher (The Proposal).
Mar 10, 2018
- Jeff is scoring this new dramedy series from Chuck Lorre (Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon). It stars Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. More details to follow soon.
- "Silent Films Live" The Album. Varese-Sarabande will be releasing this album of original scores for some classic silent films. New pieces by Jeff Cardoni, George S. Clinton, Jeff Beal, Jeff Russo, Kevin Kiner, and Laura Karpman. Produced by Angel Velez and Robert Townsend. Recorded by Joel Iwataki at Capital Studios in Hollywood.
- "Untiled Justin Noble" pilot for CBS Studios/ABC. Jeff is scoring this new pilot written by Justin Noble (Brooklyn 99). Directed by Will Gluck (Friends With Benefits). Stars Kat Dennings.
- "Malicious" picked up by Vertical Entertainment for a summer 2018 release. This horror thriller directed by Michael Winnick and produced by Shaun Reddick (Get Out) will be released this July.
Jan 19, 2018
"The Female Brain" - opens in theaters and VOD on 2/9/18. Directed by Whitney Cummings. Stars: Sophia Vergara, James Marsden, Cecily Strong, Tobey Kebbell, Beanie Feldstein, Lucy Punch. Check the music page for score samples.
"AP Bio" - premieres on NBC on Thursday 2/1 after "Will &Grace". Created by Mike O'Brien (SNL) and produced by Seth Meyers and Lorne Michaels. Stars Ben Howerton (It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
"Furlough" - this dramedy, directed by the imcomparable Laurie Collyer (Sherrybaby) and produced by James Shamus, was recently acquired by IFC Films and will be released in 2018. More details to follow.
Nov 1, 2017
It's been a while. Here's the latest...
Jeff is scoring this new CBS series, the prequel to "Big Bang Theory", by the incomparable Chuck Lorre. New episode Thursday 11/2 on CBS.
Just finished scoring this dramedy feature by director Laurie Collyer (Sherrybaby). Stars Melissa Leo and produced by the legendary james Schamus. Check the music page for some music samples from this 2018 release.
Jeff is scoring this new midseason show for NBC. Produced by Seth Myers and Lorne Michaels. Starring the hilarous Glen Howerton (It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia) and created by the amazing Mike O'Brien. Stay tuned for details.
Jun 26, 2017
- Silicon Valley Season 4 Finale on HBO Sunday 6/25/17. There's a song soundtrack album out this week on Mass Appeal Records. Big shout out to music supervisors Rudy Chung and Jason Alexander for putting this great compliation together. Hopefully we'll be albe to release some score next season. Stay tuned.
- "Once Upon A Time In Venice" - Starring Bruce Willis, John Goodman, Thomas Middleditch is out this week on Itunes/VOD/Limited Theatrical. Soundtrack album out on Lakeshore Records.
- "Malicious" - Jeff is scoring this horror/thriller from director Michael Winnick, starring Josh Stewart (The Conjuring), Bojana Novakovic (Westworld), and Delroy Lindo (Gone In 60 Seconds). Produced by Shaun Reddick (Get Out), Patrick Rizzotti and Brett Forbes (The Collector). More details to follow soon.
- "Furlough" - Jeff is scoring this dramedy feature from director Laurie Collyer (Sherrybaby) starring Melissa Leo and LaLa Anthony. More details soon.
- "Girlboss" - Unfortunately, Netflix cancelled this amazing series, so sadly no season 2. Big thanks to Kay Cannon, Charlize Theron, Laverne McKinnon, Christian Ditter, Season Kent, Michael Brake, and all else involved. It was a great experience regardless and hope you check it out on Netflix.
Apr 25, 2017
Jeff scored this great new Netflix series "Girlboss". It's produced by the incomparable Kay Cannon (Pitch Perfect), Charlize Theron, Christian Ditter, and Laverne McKinnon. All episodes streaming now, check the music page for samples.
Apr 24, 2017
Mar 31, 2017
Mar 30, 2017
Jeff is speaking on a panel at this year's Ascap Expo on Thursday 4/13. More details to follow soon.
May 13, 2016
- Pilot season is over! I was lucky enough to score (4) of them and live to talk about it: "Training Day" for CBS, "Speechless" for ABC, "Charity Case" and "HR" for Fox. Looks like a few will go a few won't such is life in this nutty biz....
- "Mike And Dave Need Wedding Dates" will be released by Fox on 7/8/16. Music samples are up on the site. Soundtrack will be out on Lakeshore records, stay tuned for detals.
- The Grinder Rests. Dammit, sad to say but this incredible show got the axe yesterday. It was literally one of the most creatviely rewarding projects I've ever worked on. So thank you Rob Lowe, Fred Savage, Jarrrad Paul, Andy Mogel, Jake Kasdan, Manish Raval for letting me be a part of it.
Dec 10, 2015
Two of Jeff's current projects received Golden Globe Nominations - HBO's "Silicon Valley" for best comedy series, and Rob Lowe for best actor on "The Grinder". Working on an arrangement of the theme today for his walk up!
Jul 21, 2015
Jeff is scoring this horror comedy feature, directed by Ben Browder (Farscape, Battlestar Galactica) and starring Sean Astin (Lord Of The Rings), Gina Gershon, and Drake Bell. It's a based on a graphic comic series Bad Kids Go 2 Hell. Stay tuned for more details soon.
- "Guide To Surviving Life" - Jeff scored this new ensemble comedy pilot for Fox which was picked up for mid season. Directed by James Griffiths and produced by Gail Berman (Buffy The Vampire Slayer), Jay Lacopo, and Jeff Morton (Modern Family). The show premieres Sunday Jan 4, 2016 at 8:30pm on Fox.
Sep 25, 2014
I have neglected this blog for far too long so here's a bit of the latest.
"Miss Meadows" - starring Katie Holmes and James Badge Dale and directed by Karen Leigh Hopkins, opens limited and VOD on 11/14/2014. Hoping to release a score album. More to follow soon.
"Soundtrack Cologne" - excited to appear on a panel for this film music conference in Germany from 11/19-11/23.
"The Lottery" - this dystopian drama wraps its first season with the finale this Sunday 9/28/2014 at 10pm on Lifetime.
Jun 12, 2013
Sep 26, 2012
The life of a composer is a strange one. I guess after so many years, I've never really stopped to think about it and how different it is from most people in the world. I mean, for most, they get up in the morning, know what they are going to do, where they are going, what time they'll be home, when the next paycheck is... you know normal things. I guess when we're in the thick of it writing music, we don't really take time to really think about how crazy this life is sometimes. When I get up in the morning, some days I have no idea what I will be doing, where I'll be going, where or if I'll eat lunch, and surely not when the next paycheck will arrive. Most days, there is possibility of what interesting new thing might happen, blind hope that that demo that I sent might turn into another adventure, usually hearing some type of criticism, judgement, or rejection - usually by someone who we've never met - as to why we are not right for some project. The rejection is never easy, it seemed easier years ago when there was really no expectation of getting anything. The further into this we go, the rejection becomes more personal and hurts a little more, as self-doubt sets in and staring at the great unknown becomes pretty damn scary.
Yes, this is a crazy life, that of a composer I have chosen. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I wake every morning ready to take on whatever new thing the day might bring. I still have the unrelenting drive to write music, better myself, keep learning, keep creating, and just keep on keeping on. If there was ever a day that I stopped feeling like that, I would think it is time to hang it up and find a more simple life.
I hope that day never comes..... :)